Job listings are now updated
automatically. Newest postings are listed at the top. Members
of the AGM may now submit employment and related announcements
for this section online. Please log in to the Members Only
area to submit listings.
Please remember to contact AGM
if a position is filled before its automatic expiration date
so that we can keep job listings as current as possible.
Golf Shop Attendant
Farmington Country Club
/ Job Posted: 07/28/20
Farmington Country Club, a private facility in Charlottesville, Virginia, is seeking a Golf Shop Attendant. The club has an 18-hole Main Course and a 10-hole course
recently renovated by Coore and Crenshaw.
Responsible for assisting with the daily operation of the Golf Shop, to provide outstanding customer service to members and guests. Responsibilities include: developing and maintaining relationships with members and guests, assisting with shop merchandising and displays, maintaining shop appearance, reconciliation of tee sheet, and POS billing.
- Assist the Golf Shop Merchandiser
- Ensure merchandise displays are organized and neat
- Price and sell Golf Shop merchandise
- Maintain the special order book
- Assist the Golf Shop Merchandiser with inventory and sales events
- Maintain Golf Shop cleanliness
- Professional communication skills
- College degree in Sports Management, Business, Retail, or related field preferred
- Knowledge of the game of golf preferred
- Previous customer service experience in a retail environment preferred
Resume and cover letter accepted via e-mail only. No telephone calls, please!
Contact: Rob McNamara, PGA Head Golf Professional
Address: 1625 Country Club Circle, Charlottesville, VA 22901
Click to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf Shop Retail Assistant
Coral Ridge Country Club
/ Job Posted: 07/24/20
Coral Ridge Country Club is a 27-hole private facility in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Golf Shop Retail Assistant. Strong member/guest relation skills and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to anticipate the needs of the members and guests are key attributes for this position. Candidate should be organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter who is able to work in a fast-paced environment. The individual for this position should have a working knowledge in the latest men's and women's fashion and have an artistic mind for creating visually appealing merchandise displays.
The person applying for this position must have experience in the field of merchandising in a retail environment. They would be responsible for assisting in the merchandise shop, creating displays, receiving and displaying goods and helping members and guests with purchases. Will assist with physical inventories, special merchandise orders and preparing shop for sales, as well as, answering phones and handling opening and closing procedures.
- Minimum 2-3 years retail/sales experience required
- Some experience in Golf or country club industry preferred
- Previous experience with Jonas, Clubessential, Microsoft Office, and Internet, software is desired; ability to learn new software as needed
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving ability, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, lift, move, push, pull and carry golf bags, golf equipment, boxes etc.
- Must be able to operate a golf cart and ride, walk and work outdoors and indoors as needed
- Must be able to sit behind a computer screen for duration of shift (up to 8 hrs.)
- Must be able to stand behind sales counter for duration of shift (up to 8 hrs.)
- Varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays are required
- Work directly with the Director of Merchandise Sales, Head Professional, and Staff in all aspects of the daily retail operation
- Arranges and displays golf merchandise and assists members and guests with sale of golf shop merchandise
- Maintains an organized and clean counter and sales floor
- Orders, receives, prices, and pays all golf shop related invoices
- Manages the packing and unpacking of golf shop inventory
- Provide excellent customer service through knowledge of apparel and equipment lines
- Maintain Special Orders and Returns
- Re-Stock merchandise and perform monthly inventories of all golf merchandise
- Answer phones and handle opening & closing procedures
- Assists in the selection and evaluation of suppliers; compares suppliers' product quality, service dependability and costs
- Monitors purchase orders to assure that deliveries are correct and complete
- Helps to minimize losses from product or supply pilferage, spoilage or obsolescence
- Helps to formulate pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining needed sales promotions; recommending clearance sales and studying trends
- Assists with seasonal merchandise plans, visual presentation guidelines and pricing strategies
- Complies with all Club policies and procedures
- Paid Time Off
- Golf Privileges
- Complimentary Meals
- Salary: $16.00 - $20.00 Per Hour
- Additional Income: Plus 5% commission on gross sales paid monthly or end of year
- Pay will be competitive with the industry and commensurate with the experience of the individual
- Total Anticipated Compensation: $63,900.00
Coral Ridge CC is an equal opportunity employer and drug free work place. Criminal Background Checks are required.
All interested applicants send cover letter, resume and references via email only.
Contact: Scott Fox, Director of Golf
Address: 3801 Bayview Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Click to Email: email@example.com
Golf Shop Assistant Merchandiser
Spanish Oaks Golf Club
/ Job Posted: 07/22/20
Spanish Oaks Golf Club is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Golf Shop Assistant Merchandiser. Strong member/guest relation skills and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to anticipate the needs of the members and guests are key attributes for this position. Candidate should be organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter who is able to work in a fast-paced environment. The individual for this position should have a working knowledge in the latest men's and women's fashion and have an artistic mind for creating visually appealing merchandise displays.
- Responsible in assisting with monitoring inventory levels and placing fill-in merchandise orders in a timely manner, as well as maintaining a healthy cost of goods sold throughout the year that stays in line with budget.
- Maintain responsibility for set-up, maintenance, cleanliness and appearance of the golf shop, retail storage areas, stock room and all golf shop and office equipment.
- Ensure all members/guests are greeted in a warm and sincere manner.
- Assist in overseeing the merchandising in order to maintain an attractive shop with visually appealing merchandise displays to maximize sales.
- Check-in of members and guests when appropriate and tracking of rounds of golf and other data.
- Facilitate and operate monthly inventories with assistance from professional staff.
- Properly operate ClubSoft point-of-sale system including charging and crediting customers for purchases, tracking gift certificates and golf shop credits.
- Receive, tag, and display stock and special order merchandise.
- Code invoices to the correct accounts and then process the invoices to accounting.
- Develop creative sales and promotional concepts such as trunk shows, and holiday promotions, etc.
- Develop relationships and rapport with members by being on the floor and assisting with their needs.
- Answer phones, understand the golf operation, and assist with all member/guest needs and requests.
- Have a working knowledge of operations rules and procedures (i.e. caddie policies, club rules etc).
- Associate or Bachelor's degree, and a bonus if degree is in Merchandising/Retailing.
- 2-3 years full-time retail experience preferred. However, club is open to applicants with less experience and desire to grow professionally.
- Must have an outgoing, personable and friendly personality.
- Golf background and knowledge helpful for this position.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Extremely competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience.
- 36-44 hours/week.
- Discounted employee meal plan.
- Commission opportunities.
- The club offers dental, vision, health insurance, vacation.
All interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and references to:
Contact: Breanna Sandoval, Buyer
Address: 13001 Spanish Oaks Club Dr., Bee Cave, TX 78738
Click to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merchandise Manager / Personal Shopper
The Bridges at Rancho Santa Fe
/ Job Posted: 07/15/20
The Bridges at Rancho Santa Fe, a private, 18-hole facility is seeking a Merchandise Manager / Personal Shopper. This position is open to an enthusiastic, professional individual who can manage all essential merchandising functions of the golf operation at an exclusive private club. A person, who pays specific attention to detail, while having the ability to multi-task, will be a good fit for our staff and membership. Manage golf shop inventory and special orders. Create displays that convey a positive and enjoyable shopping atmosphere. Maintaining the best appearance for the golf shop which includes the day-to-day straightening of the items on the floor and the overall appearance of the shop and displays. This individual must be proactive and an innovator when it comes to keeping the shop looking fresh and exciting resulting in the customer being inspired to shop.
- Experience in retail operations preferred, with a proven record of effective performance
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately, and follow directions thoroughly
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Maintain confidentiality of member information and pertinent Club financial information
- Ability to function under pressure, prioritize, and organize
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
To ensure that all back of house retail operations and all front of house sales and customer interactions run efficiently and smoothly. Complete all administrative duties in a professional and timely manner. Drive member sales by special orders and create a detailed database of member history and preference. Meet all deadlines as set forth by management and Retail Consultant. These initiatives are achieved by providing the highest level of customer service and complying with all company policies, procedures, and directives.
Inventory Management and Administrative Duties
- Manage and facilitate monthly physical inventory
- Generate and distribute sales reports, inventory reports, and end of month reports as scheduled and requested by management and Retail Consultant
- Maintain a presence on the shop floor
- Place all member special orders, track status, and communicate delivery to the members
- Manage trunk show orders and returns
- Process requested RA's and returns
- Facilitate markdowns in accordance with markdown schedule communicated by Retail Consultant
- Merchandise all new deliveries and reorders on sales floor with direction from Retail Consultant
- Maintain a clean and organized stock room
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of sales floor
- Participate in weekly scheduled call with Retail Consultant
- Coordinate vendor events for our tournaments
- Maintain par levels for all in stock soft good items.
- Coordinate tee prizes for women's tournaments.
- Keep accurate member preferences and personal info which help in the customer service our members will receive
SALES and CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Actively interact with membership to provide high level, personalized sales service
- Place and track all requested special orders, ensure timely delivery to member
- Possess a high level of product knowledge to reach and exceed sales goals
- Create and manage detailed member database of purchase history, personal preferences, and sizes
- Have meaningful communication with membership on new arrivals and retail events in a personalized manner
- Communicate any customer concerns, product requests, and other feedback in a timely manner to Retail Consultant
- Assist in set up, sales, and inventory management of all retail events
- Pay will be competitive with the industry and commensurate with the experience of the individual
- Health Insurance: Individual
- Health Insurance: Family
- Dental Insurance: Individual
- Dental Insurance: Family
- 401K- The Bridges matches 50% of the employee's (up to 6%) contribution following 1 year of employment
- Professional Association Dues included
- Paid Vacation (Number of Weeks): Year (1)-1 week, Year's(2-5)-2 weeks, following year(5)-3 weeks
- Continuing education allowance provided
Resumes and Cover Letter accepted via e-mail, only.
Contact: Steve Wilson, Director of Golf
Address: 18550 Seven Bridges Rd. Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091
Click to Email: email@example.com
Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee
/ Job Posted: 06/21/20
About our Club:
Cuscowilla is a private residential golf club located on the shores of Lake Oconee, about 80 miles east of Atlanta. A Bill Coore/ Ben Crenshaw design, the course is highly regarded, rated as the #1 residential course in the state of Georgia and #23 in the United States by Golf Week magazine. The Club's approximately 430 golf Members take pride in their Club, about half of them living in the local community, many others from the surrounding areas of Atlanta and Macon. The Club is currently building new facilities including a golf shop, locker rooms, new restaurant, and pool cabana scheduled to open in early Fall of this year.
About the Role:
The Merchandise Manager will work as part of the Golf Professional Staff under the direction of the Head Professional responsible for key components of the Golf Shop retail at Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee. The goal will be to consistently provide an exceptional presentation and buying experience for every customer. The Merchandise Manager will also be responsible for meeting quarterly sales and inventory goals crucial to the success of the retail operation. The Merchandise Manager will be expected to work alongside Men's and Ladies Golf Associations, as well as on Club sponsored events to create excellent gifting experiences for the Membership.
- Be highly organized and self-motivated with a relentlessly positive attitude
- Create a positive experience for each customer - provide excellent customer service & sales advice
- Assist in reviewing the collection of merchandise vendors and selecting an appropriate mix
- Set up visual displays and merchandising in the golf shop
- Assist in receiving, pricing, merchandising, managing and maintaining levels of inventory hard and soft goods
- Assist with recording and entering invoices into POS & accounting systems - possess basic computer skills for job duties, Jonas experience is valued
- Focus on developing strong merchandising and sales techniques, training team members as necessary
- Place, monitor and follow through on special orders
- Develop strategies to ensure repeat sales with members and guests
- Handle telephone calls and assist in golf shop operations
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in exceptional customer service in a high-end hospitality or retail shop environment
- High-degree of professionalism and commitment to excellence and high standards
- Detail oriented & able to prioritize workload and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of retail sales & how to create an attractive golf shop
- Must demonstrate appropriate analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to "follow-through" and creativity.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in both verbal and written formats.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Must be proficient in business related software (Excel, Word, website management) and POS experience is helpful.
- A high-level of self-motivation and desire to further develop career
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, talk and hear customers on the phone and in-person.
- The employee may frequently be required to sit for extended periods of time when performing office responsibilities.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Resume and cover letter accepted via e-mail only - no telephone calls, please!
Contact: Russell Radel, PGA Head Golf Professional
Address: Eatonton, GA
Click to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pro Shop Merchandiser
/ Job Posted: 06/19/20
Druid Hills Golf Club is an 18-hole private golf club in Atlanta, GA, two miles from downtown. We are looking for a qualified and enthusiastic Pro Shop Merchandiser to join our team! This position will report directly to the Director of Retail and work closely with the golf staff to ensure members and their guests have an enjoyable and memorable day of golf/tennis at the club.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Assist with daily golf shop operations including answering phones, tee time reservations and interpreting club policies and procedures.
- Flexibility with scheduling.
- Proficient in basic point of sale software and inventory management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and Power Point.
- Manage the daily activity of the pro shop.
- Ensure the merchandise displays are organized and neat.
- Assist in some invoicing for soft and hard goods.
- Spend time on the floor, interacting with the members and learning their needs.
- Assisting Director of Retail in pricing all merchandise that comes in.
- Assist in sale prices for certain sales and events.
- Responsible for placing special orders of goods for customers.
- Supervise all incoming and outgoing packages. Make sure overnight packages received are delivered immediately and all other packages are given to the intended recipients in a timely manner. Assist with packaging and sending items via UPS and FedEx and charge out Members/departments/staff members as needed.
- Assist with year-end returns of merchandise. Ensure that proper credits are received and that product is removed from inventory.
- Assist in monthly golf ball and glove inventory, and quarterly full count inventory in Golf and Tennis.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and maintains a professional image at all times.
- Reminds all members of rules and regulations governing golf course usage.
- Ensures that each and every member, family member, designated guests and guests have an enjoyable day at the club.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Above average computer skills are required.
- Previous retail experience is preferred and previous experience with Jonas and ForeTees is desired.
- Proven customer service experience is required.
- This position involves frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling, in addition to continuous standing, walking, and repetitive actions.
- Must be able to lift up to forty pounds.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a day.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees will be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the club, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Druid Hills Golf Clubs rules and regulations.
- This job posting is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Benefit package includes:
- Comprehensive insurance coverage.
- Complimentary employee meals.
- Golf privileges.
- Social activities.
Druid Hills Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer and drug free work place. Criminal Background Checks and Reference Checks are required. EOE/M/F/D/V
Resumes accepted via e-mail only. No telephone calls, please!
Contact: Kristen Markle, Director of Retail
Address: Atlanta, GA
Click to Email: email@example.com
Golf Shop Retail Assistant
Oakland Hills CC
/ Job Posted: 06/07/20
Oakland Hills Country Club is a 36-hole private facility in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, host to 17 Major Championships. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with exceptional customer service skills to assist in the daily happenings of the golf shop.
- Work directly with the Head Professional, Buyer and Staff in all aspects of the daily retail operation
- Assist members and guests with sale of golf shop merchandise
- Maintain an organized and clean counter and sales floor
- Provide excellent customer service through knowledge of apparel and equipment lines
- Maintain Special Orders and Returns
- Re-Stock merchandise and perform inventories when necessary
- Answer phones and handle closing procedures
Physical Demands and Required Experience:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift items weighing over 20 lbs., hear and speak clearly
- Strong computer skills (Jonas Club Software, Excel, Word)
- Golf Knowledge (including equipment) and Retail experience necessary
- This is a 9-10 month seasonal position and candidates are expected to work 5 days a week (up to 50 hours) including at least one weekend day (adjusted hours may be required during tournament weeks)
- Paid Time Off
- Playing and Practicing Privileges
Compensation commensurate with experience; to be discussed with qualified candidates.
Please send resume via e-mail. No telephone calls, please!
Contact: Kristee Wright, Sr. Golf Professional/Buyer
Address: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Click to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ko Olina Golf Club
/ Job Posted: 06/02/20
Ko Olina Golf Club, one of Hawai'i's premier golf courses on the island of Oahu, located in the spectacular Ko Olina Resort. A Ted Robinson designed 18-Hole public resort Championship Golf Course provides exceptional water features, multi-tiered greens and ocean views.
Retail Merchandising Manager is responsible for the overall Golf shopping experience and merchandise selection by understanding, analyzing and forecasting golf merchandise buying trends, fashion interests and preferences; researches and reviews product lines; selects and orders merchandise; organizes and processes special orders and damaged/defective claims; monitors and maintains inventory budget levels; ensures sales and a well merchandised shop. Supervises, directs and trains subordinates in performing assigned duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes, forecasts and orders golf merchandise; develops and implements annual merchandise buying plan.
- Produces satisfactory gross margin through control of initial markups, markdowns, shrinkage control, vendor returns and markdown allowances; develops strategies to be able to react appropriately to changes in sales trends.
- Schedules, purchases and prepares purchase orders.
- Ensures open orders and invoice discrepancies are resolved.
- Maintains vendor relationships; researches and schedules appointments; reviews vendor lines; attends appointments as needed to assist in buying decisions.
- Prepares and reviews month-end, year-end and inventory reports; prepares and analyzes reports as requested.
- Develops sales promotions and timing calendars, assortment plans and programs to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Verifies, codes and approves invoices for payment.
- Merchandises and restocks Golf Shop; arranges and displays new merchandise lines in Golf Shop and windows.
- Composes, prepares and proof reads correspondence, emails, memos and faxes.
- Manages and maintains annual inventory and operating budgets.
- Responsible for achieving sales, mark-up, gross margin and turnover of inventory.
- Supervises and directs subordinates in duties related to sales, merchandising, purchasing, receiving and invoice reconciliation.
- Works directly with and trains golf shop and warehouse staff in proper merchandising and displaying; demonstrates proper work methods and instructs safety procedures to ensure compliance of safety regulations.
- Implements, enforces and complies with company policies and procedures. Answers questions concerning policies, procedures and work methods for employees.
- Reports status and progress of merchandising to Head Professional and General Manager.
- Prepares and processes damage claims, order acknowledgments and Golf Shop fill in requests.
- Prepares entry and coordinates photo shoots for award applications (100 Best Golf Shops).
- Prepares and processes special order requests and staff orders.
- Receives and tags merchandise; inputs orders and receiving information into computer system.
- Coordinates and prepares inventory for sales markdowns, two annual sale, quarterly inventories.
- Attends meetings, seminars, trade shows and other functions as required; traveling required.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Directly supervises and manages employees in the Retail Department; responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; instructing and demonstrating proper work methods and safety procedures to ensure compliance of safety regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Minimum three years in retail management/buying experience in a golf or resort shop.
- Previous experience with website online shop and maintenance.
- Outstanding and creative visual merchandising skills.
CRITICAL SKILLS :
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Inventory, management and merchandising with working and practical knowledge of open to buy systems.
- Strong understanding of guests' buying trends and retail markets.
- Organizational and problem solving skills.
- Able to work effectively with and present information to other department heads, staff and vendors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Regularly required to talk or hear; stand or sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to walk or move to various locations within clubhouse; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, may be frequently exposed to dust or airborne particles.
- A noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Schedule must be flexible to include weekends and holidays.
Cover and resume accepted via mail, e-mail or fax.
Contact: Lori Wong, Director of Human Resources
Address: 92-1220 Aliinui Drive, Kapolei, HI 96707
Click to Email: email@example.com
Sales Reps Wanted:
Independent Sales Representatives
/ Job Posted: 06/22/20
Featured on network television show Holey Moley,
KINONA is a collection of designer golf apparel that launched in 2018 with a mission to bring feminine sensibility to women's golf. KINONA tops, bottoms, dresses and accessories are constructed using Italian fabrics and include shape-flattering details to ensure a comfortable and breathable fit. KINONA's modern designs transition seamlessly from the 18th green to real life.
KINONA is now in over 150 premium country clubs and lifestyle retailers across the US. KINONA is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, however, we are a virtual team located in California, Washington and New York. KINONA is founded and operated by two apparel industry veterans, Dianne Celuch and Tami Fujii, who have decades of experience working for global apparel, consumer products and technology brands.
KINONA is looking for enthusiastic independent sales reps love to sell and are looking to help pioneer the hottest new women's brand into the golf, resort and active sports market.
- Wisconsin (other Mid-West states)
- Kentucky / Tennessee
- New York, New Jersey, Connecticut
The ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ years in sales in golf, tennis and/or athleisure apparel
- Existing relationships with country clubs and resorts within their given territory
- Experience selling high-end apparel/accessories/products
- Passion for dealing directly with the consumer and be comfortable conducting trunk shows.
- 12% Commission on wholesale order and wholesale trunk show orders upon shipment
- 20% commission on full retail price orders via affiliate or off-course trunk shows
- Additional ad hoc incentives
- Product samples at no cost (must be returned or sold after each season)
- Generous discounts on personal wear products
Don't wait - time to jump on board!
Contact: Dianne Celuch
Click to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting the AGM Job Opportunities
listings. Good luck!