Greetings of the Season!
by Desane Blaney, AGM Executive Director
It's a beautiful time of the year - enjoy! On behalf of the AGM Board of Directors and Staff, I wish you a Happy Holiday season and I send best wishes for a New Year filled with good health and much happiness. Exciting things are planned for the AGM in 2018 - stay tuned!
In this issue of the AGM e-Tailer:
- In the Mail: 2018 AGM Annual Merchandising Calendar
- Meet Our Speaker - Jon Harari / Presenting - Windows: A Reflection of Your Retail Shop
- Meet Our Speaker - Bridgette Raes / Presenting - How to Style Your Customer with Amazing Results
- Featured Speakers & Programs at the 2018 AGM Retail Conference
- Member Anniversaries - Second Half of 2017
- Employment Opportunities from Member Facilities & Vendor Partners
- Apparel Market Report
- National Rounds Played Report & Key State Specifics
- Golf Datatech Report
- New Members
- Member News
2018 AGM Annual Merchandising Calendar
AGM Merchandiser members will soon receive their Annual Merchandising Calendar. Sponsorship of this resource is made possible through the generous contributions of the following AGM Vendor Partner members: Ahead, Antigua, Barr Display, Beth DePass (formerly Kevan Hall Sport), Cutter & Buck, Donald Ross Sportswear, FootJoy, Greg Norman Collection, Oxford, PGA Golf Exhibitions and PING Apparel. We thank them for their support of the AGM and its members.
"Our 12th Annual Merchandising Calendar is a collection of member visual displays, merchandising reminders and lists many of the important buying shows," stated AGM President Tracy Moffatt. "Each daily reminder will enable you to focus on different ways to build your business and to make your shop a destination spot for your customers."
The AGM appreciates the work of Jennifer Morton of Morton Golf who has creatively worked with us on this important member project since its inception.
Meet Our Speaker - Jon Harari
Windows: A Reflection of Your Retail Shop
One of the most critical aspects of operating a successful store is designing a compelling environment inside and out. Retail windows are meant to be aesthetically pleasing while functioning as a sales tool to sell specific products in your shop. Additionally, window designs must quickly attract the attention of a wide-range of customers. In this session learn the fundamentals of window display and gain inspiration for creating them in your retail operation.
Jon Harari is CEO & Co-Founder of WindowsWear.com, the world's fashion windows & displays online in real-time. Jon co-founded WindowsWear.com with Mike Niemtzow (Chairman and President) and Raul Tovar (Creative Director), and the company has an amazing team headquartered in NYC with a client base of global retailers and brands including Ralph Lauren, Harrods, DVF, Tory Burch, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Ann Taylor, Nordstrom, and more.
Jon also serves as an Adjunct Professor of Marketing at Baruch College and serves as a board member of Berkeley College's Fashion Advisory Board, and several charitable non-profit organizations in New York City. Prior to co-founding WindowsWear, he established U.S. market opportunities for top internationally-based designers through retail stores, wholesale, events, PR, and online.
Prior to working in fashion, he was an investment analyst at Aurelius Capital Management, one of the world's top activist distressed investment hedge funds, and an investment banker at Lehman Brothers. He graduated from the Business Honors Program at Indiana University, magna cum laude, and is originally from North Potomac, MD and lives in New York City.
Meet Our Speaker - Bridgette Raes
How to Style Your Customer with Amazing Results
Customers often don't trust sales associates, but they do trust stylists. Why? Sales associates work for the store while stylists work for them. In this session, Bridgette will share her top tips for styling a customer and how to break through the many obstacles people encounter when they engage with sales associates. Learn how to empower your sales team, increase customer trust and sales.
Bridgette Raes is one of the most seasoned personal stylists in the country with a career that has spanned over 14 years. She is the president of Bridgette Raes Style Group and the author of Style Rx: Dressing the Body You Have to Create the Body You Want. In addition to her client work, her witty, down-to-earth advice has made her a sought-after speaker, writer, spokesperson and style expert.
In her 25 years in fashion , Bridgette has worked in every area of the industry. She worked in retail fashion while getting her design degree from the Fashion Institute of Technology and spent nearly a decade as a designer. In 2002, she decided that her expertise would be put to better use showing women how to wear clothing that brings out their own unique style, rather than simply designing it. It was this revelation that inspired her to start Bridgette Raes Style Group. Since starting her company, Bridgette has worked with clients all over the world and primarily works with clients in law, finance, and government, as well as bestselling authors, public speakers and C-level executives.
Featured Speakers & Programs at the 2018 AGM Retail Conference
Leigha Main Turner, Baltusrol Golf Club: Develop a Loyalty Program for Your Retail Shop
The retail landscape is changing and encouraging your members and guests to shop with you is all important. Learn how to develop a program for your facility and why implementing one may be a profitable move for you.
Jeremy Hoch, Anchor Consulting Services: Do You Have the Right Point of Sale System?
Are you currently using the right point of sale system for your private club? Today clubs have a handful of golf Point of Sale program from which to choose. We will review the important features to look for to make sure that your club either has the best fit or what questions you need to ask future vendors to make sure they can meet your needs.
Paul Erickson, VP of Client Services, RMSA: The Mark-Up and Mark-Down Game
Consumers want the best deal possible whether they need an item or not. But the right price is not always the lowest price. So, how should retailers determine the cost of an item? Explore the psychology of price from the retailer and consumer's point of view and learn the tactics you will need to maintain your competitive position and increase your long-term profits.
Jeremy Hoch, Anchor Consulting Services: Got Jonas? Best Practices for Maximizing Your System
The success of any software requires a clean set-up and informed staff to handle the daily operations. Review the best practices regarding set-up and processing related to Jonas Software to ensure you are getting the most from your software. Examine the many valuable reports in Jonas and the great information they provide. If you have inventory questions related to Jonas Software please bring them with you and you'll leave with answers.
Moderator: Lisa Goulian Twiste: Designer Discussion Panel: What's Next in Fashion for the Fairway?
The coming season will be filled with new fabrications, trends and silhouettes. Get a glimpse at what some of the top brands will offer.
Moderator: Vicki Bernstein, Bernstein Retail Productions: How to Approach a New Build or Shop Renovation
Barr Display, Bauer International, Opto, Procraft Design
There's many moving parts when one considers a new build or shop renovation. AGM Vendor Partner members give their insight on what you need to know and what they offer to help you navigate the process.
Member Anniversaries - Second Half of 2017
Congratulations to the following Merchandiser and Vendor Partner members (listed by join date) who celebrated their anniversaries during the second half of 2017:
- Stephen Cryan, Debbie Shatzer
- Marlene Christopher, Patricia Frey
- Lisa Langas, Darcy Lyberger
- Golf Datatech, LLC, Maui Jim USA, Weatherproof/MV Sport
- Cassie Hobbs, Chris Jester, Tina Luczkowski
- Bob Paley, Cheli Taylor
- Mark Thush, Frank Vassalotti
- Cutler Bags/Daily Sports, Eisinger Smith, Inc., Iconic Sport, Inc.
- Mike Arthur, Kristoff Both, Lynda Brix
- Cassie Caputo, Krista Cardinal, Terri Covert
- Dylan Flynn, Cindy Gilling, Sherrie Golden
- Pat Ross, Lynn Startzel, Patrick Stein
- Gail Whatmore, Rodney Young
- Garb, Inc., Ouray Sportswear, QED Style
- Jason Ballard, Keri Blalock, Samantha Combe
- Patsy Doss, Chris Evans, Aimee Ganote
- Josh Hershoff, Jason LePage, Kristen Markle
- Victoria Matthews, Dave Schmaltz, Danielle Walter
We appreciate your membership, interest and support of the AGM!
Welcome 2017 AGM Vendor Partner Members
The following vendors joined or reinstated their membership in the AGM during 2017. We welcome their support and we look forward to their participation in our association. Listed in order of join date:
- Out 2 Launch - www.out2launch.com - Out 2 Launch is a refreshing new idea in women's golf apparel. The dresses are sporty, comfortable, modern and pretty enough to wear the rest of the day or evening. As a bonus, Meg's dresses come with matching spandex with a pocket.
- Jonas Software - www.jonasclub.com - Jonas Software provides enterprise club management software to over 3,500 clubs worldwide in 15 countries. Our vision to be the global leaders in club management software is made possible by our commitment to technology, innovation, quality and client service.
- Lucky in Love - www.shopluckyinlove.com - Lucky In Love manufactures luxury fashion apparel for the golf and tennis industries. Based out of Miami, FL., Lucky In Love is known for their bright colors and unique, bold prints.
- Viabella - www.viabella.com - Viabella offers greeting cards and stationery which complement the emotion of any occasion. Embrace the beautiful path. Speak with more than words.
- The Game Headwear - www.thegameheadwear.com - The Game Headwear is a provider of high-quality headwear. The parent company is MV Sport based in New York.
- Robert Graham - www.robertgraham.us - Robert Graham represents the American Eclectic lifestyle brand-where craftsmanship, luxury and style intertwine. As a true design house since 2001, we've been inspiring fashion by developing unique garment-making techniques and complex textile patterns. Our creative seasonal collections encompass: men's sportswear, premium denim, footwear, outerwear, loungewear, accessories, and women's sportswear. With eye-catching mixed fabrics, one-of-a-kind trims and stunning embroideries, Robert Graham embodies luxury at its finest. Each product is unique, character-filled and distinctly Robert Graham--with "knowledge, wisdom, truth" embedded in each garment.
- Eye King - www.eyeking.com - Eyeking, LLC is a fourth generation, award winning eyewear design firm that develops, markets and distributes globally, private label and licensed eyewear brands. Eyeking's license partners include Under Armour Eyewear and Hobie Polarized.
- Lorente Golf - www.lorentegolf.com - Golf and corporate gifts and accessories. These products include bag tags, divot tools, ball markers, tournament and tee gifts, luggage, desk products, key tags, lapel pins and badges, money clips, awards, etc.
- Focus Golf Products - www.focusgolfproducts.com - Focus Golf Products/Plastronics is family owned and operated since 1969. Starting as a custom molding job shop, manufacturer of circuit board testers and semiconductor pick and place machine. That was the seed money that founded our proprietary semiconductor burn in sockets. This is our multimillion dollar international business today. The focus golf division was created in 2010 to provide a ordable training aids direct to players through golf course pro shops and training facilities. This is our way of giving back to a marvelous game.
- Cracked Wheat - www.crackedwheat.ca - Our goal is to provide versatile women's sportswear, blending fashion and function. We know that women of all ages, shapes, and sizes play golf. We want you to be comfortable, look good but more importantly feel great when you wear Cracked Wheat. Attention to colors and details lays at the heart of our designs, making our collection easy to co-ordinate. We are a Canadian company with an understanding of women's golf.
- American Speaker Company - www.songbirdie.com - High-quality Bluetooth golf ball speakers.
- Tica - www.ticasport.com - Leather duffel bags, garment bags, briefcases, backpacks, toiletry cases, totes, shoe bags, portfolios, billfolds, tablet covers, tech organizers, pouches, scorecard covers, luggage tags, journals and more. Items are offered in leather and leather/canvas. No minimums, fast turnaround and debossing with your company logo.
- Belyn Key - www.belynkey.com - Belyn Key is a truly unique premium brand of lifestyle inspired ladies golf apparel that we created to cross over from everyday wear to the course.
- Mayva K - www.mayvakcollection.com - Mayva K Collection offers fashionable, affordable and high quality handbags, totes, scarves and gloves as well as gifts and accessories for the active lifestyle market. We focus on great customer and warranty service.
- Krazy Larry - www.facebook.com/Krazy-Larry-Pants-436622180696 - We make the best pants and shorts in the world! It fits the daughter, mom and grandma! And that's a miracle!
- Tee 2 Sea - www.tee2seagolf.com - Tee 2 Sea has designed the golf dress that goes everywhere! Committed to quality, style, sensational prints and the environment with fabric content of 84% recycled water bottles, it is dry wicking, anti-microbial and made in the USA!
- All for Color - www.allforcolorwholesale.com - In our little seaside town of Stuart, Florida we are all about the sun, sand and fun! Created for your always active, water-seeking, tennis ball serving, golf club swinging, lifestyle. At
All for Color, we believe you should "Enjoy Life in Color!"
Offering UPF50+ sun-protective women's dresses, tops, skorts and great accessories perfect for ladies tournament gifts.
- Vessel Bags - www.vesselbags.com - Our modern, handcrafted collections hit the perfect notes of style and cause. With each bag purchased, Vessel gives a school backpack to a child in need, helping them get the education they deserve. You're not just buying a bag, you are buying a vessel of purpose.
- Foray Golf - www.foraygolf.com - Foray Golf designs, manufactures and sells limited edition women's golf apparel. The company was founded in 2016 by fashion industry veterans who love the sport of golf. Our goal is to encourage and empower women to increase participation by providing unique designs that perform on the course. Foray is taking women's golf clothing where it has never been!
- The Wooden Ball Marker - www.thewoodenballmarker.com - Premium wooden golf ball markers are bespoke solutions for golf outings, corporate giveaways, personalized gifts and engraving, and more.
- Tory Sport - www.torysport.com - Performance activewear by Tory Burch, inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances style with substance, and is designed to reflect the beauty of the game and the empowering role that sports play in all aspects of a woman's life.
- 2-DG - www.2-DG.com - Luxury Italian made golf apparel.
- Revo Sunglasses - www.revo.com - Founded in 1985, Revo quickly became a global performance eyewear brand known as the leader in polarized lens technology. Revo sunglasses were first created by utilizing lens technology developed by NASA as solar protection for satellites. More than three decades later, Revo continues to build on its rich tradition of technology and innovation by offering the clearest and most advanced high-contrast polarized eyewear in the world.
Support of all AGM Vendor Partners is not only suggested, but strongly encouraged. Through their membership, Vendor Partners support AGM retail educational initiatives and events throughout the year.
Employment Opportunities from Member Facilities and Vendor Partners
A continuing feature in the AGM newsletter will be the posting of employment opportunities offered by member facilities and Vendor Partners. For detailed information about the postings, please refer to the AGM website, www.agmgolf.org and click on "job opportunities."
- Butterfield CC, Oak Brook, Illinois
- Craft Farms Golf Resort, Gulf Shores, Alabama
- Hazeltine National Golf Club, Chaska, Minnesota
- Orinda Country Club, Orinda, California
- Silvermine CC, Norwalk, Connecticut
- South Fork CC, Amagansett, New York
- All for Color, Beth De Pass (formerly Kevan Hall Sport)
- Bobby Jones, Birdies and Bows, Black Clover
- Cutter & Buck, Devereux, Eyeking LLC,
- Focus Golf Products, Glove It, Golfino
- Katherine Way, Mayva K, Movetes, Oxford
- QED Style, Sport Haley, Tifosi Optics, Town Talk
- Garb, Inc. - Account Manager
AGM member clubs and Vendor Partners may post their employment opportunities on our website as a benefit of membership. There is no limit as to the number of times an opportunity is posted or updated during the year. Please contact us with your information at firstname.lastname@example.org
October 2017 Highlights - Apparel Market Report
On & Off-Course Facilities
by Golf Datatech
|Men's Golf Apparel
|Men's Shirts - including long and short sleeve:
|Average Retail Price of shirts sold:
|Price Range: $0 - $49.99
|Price Range: $50 - $74.99
|Men's Bottoms - including pants and shorts:
|Average Retail Price of bottoms sold:
|Price Range:$0 - $49.99
|Price Range: $50 - $74.99
|Women's Golf Apparel
|Women's Shirts - including long and short sleeve:
|Average Retail Price of shirts sold:
|Price Range: $0 - $49.99
|Price Range: $50 - $74.99
|Women's Bottoms - including shorts, skirts, pants and skorts:
|Average Retail Price of bottoms sold:
|Price Range:$0 - $49.99
|Price Range: $50 - $74.99
Golf Datatech offers monthly reports listing the top selling apparel companies at no charge to golf shops participating in the retail research. The reports cover men's and women's shirts, vests, sweaters, fleece, bottoms and five categories of outerwear. To find out more, contact Suzie Phillips, email@example.com or call 888-944-4116.
National Rounds Played Report & Key State Specifics
Rounds were DOWN- 4.1% in October 2017 and DOWN-2.2% year-to-date as compared to October 2016.
Percentage Change in Rounds Played Volume
|Regions of the Country
|West North Central
|East North Central
Key State Specifics
|Key State Specifics
|Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland
The National Rounds Played Report and Key State Specifics are a joint effort of Golf Datatech, National Golf Foundation, National Golf Course Owners Association.
Golf Datatech Report
Total Units & Dollars
On & Off Course Shops Combined
Total Year to Date through October 2017
Compared to October 2016
For more detailed reports covering retail sales for golf products including apparel, contact Suzie Phillips at Golf Datatech, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-944-4116.
New AGM Vendor Partner Members
The following golf companies joined the AGM during this
past month. Please support these new members as well as the many other
AGM Vendor Partners.
Eyeking LLC/Under Armour Eyewear
Adam Brim, National Sales Manager
Eyeking, LLC is a fourth generation, award winning eyewear design firm that develops, markets and distributes globally, private label and licensed eyewear
brands. Eyeking's license partners include Under Armour Eyewear and Hobie Polarized.
For additional information, visit their website at www.eyeking.com
National Club Association
Henry Wallmeyer, President/CEO
The National Club Association (NCA) has been the advocate for the private club industry in Washington, D.C., for more than 55 years. As the voice of private clubs on Capitol Hill, NCA ensures that club concerns are forefront when legislative and regulatory issues affecting the industry are being decided. In addition, NCA provides club leaders an outstanding array of resources on club industry trends, governance best practices, legal and operational matters and ways to strengthen club leadership.
For additional information, visit their website at www.nationalclub.org
The Game Headwear
Emmy Amodeo, National Sales Manager
The Game Headwear is a provider of high-quality headwear. The parent company is MV Sport based in New York.
For additional information, visit their website at www.thegameheadwear.com
New AGM Merchandiser Members
Please welcome the following merchandisers who joined the
professional ranks of the AGM this past month. For contact information
on all of the AGM members, please visit the Members Only pages at www.agmgolf.org.
Robert Anderson - Naples FL
PGA Director of Golf, The Club at Mediterra
Joanne Bannerman - Greystanes, Australia
PGA Owner, Banners Golf
Andrew Cummings - San Antonio, TX
PGA Head Golf Professional, TPC San Antonio
Tyler Frederick - Cumberland, WI
PGA Clubhouse Manager, Cumberland Golf Club
Tamara Johns - Noosaville, Queensland Australia
PGA Golf Operations Supervisor/Teaching Professional
Michael Raber - Naples, FL
PGA Director of Golf, Glen Eagle Golf & Country Club
Stephanie Zinna - Pacific Grove, CA
Strategic Merchandise Planner/Owner, Z Consulting
- Mike Pompei - announced his retirement as the accessories buyer for Morton Golf - closing out a 20+ year career. Prior to Morton Golf, Mike had a long and distinguished career with Tower Records first as a buyer and then as their Director of Marketing and Advertising. At Morton Golf, Mike was an anchor in their back office, buying pull carts, sunglasses, books, travel covers, videos, shoe supplies, gloves, rangefinders, towels, headcovers and everything else under the sun for all four of our retail shops. Best wishes in your retirement!
- Bob Wampler, PGA - embarked on a new career as the Northwest Director of Sales for Golf Genius and moved to Montana. Prior to taking this position, Bob was the Head Golf Professional at Cattail Creek CC in Maryland where he led a successful golf operation and managed an award winning retail shop.
- Ed Winiecki, PGA, CMAA, AGM - was named the 2017 Golf Professional of the Year by the Northern California Section of the PGA. Commenting on the honor, Bob stated, "I'm both humbled and excited. It has been amazing and I am so fortunate to do my hobby for my living. Further, I've been an AGM member since 1999 and I thank the association for all they do and inspiring so many people in our business through their educational resources and events."
The AGM eTailer is published monthly for the members of
the Association of Golf Merchandisers. To submit news, articles and information
for an upcoming edition of the eTailer - please contact the AGM at (602)
604-8250 or email email@example.com.