Job listings are now updated automatically. Newest postings are listed at the top. Members of the AGM may now submit employment and related announcements for this section online. Please log in to the Members Only area to submit listings.
Employers: Please remember to contact AGM if a position is filled before its automatic expiration date so that we can keep job listings as current as possible.
The Seawane Club / Job Posted: 11/18/23
About the Club:
The Seawane Club believes in providing members with the finest service in a relaxed, welcoming environment so members can fully embrace their leisure time and celebrate memories with friends. The golf shop is a reflection of that idea with a focus not only on traditional golf apparel, but also retail and lifestyle brands. As a staff, we're looking for fellow team member to work hard and help shape that vision while simultaneously growing as a person and professional through experience and an expanding skill set..
Please visit our website for additional news and information:
Department - Golf
Reports to - Head Professional
Job Summary - The Seawane Club in Hewlett, NY is seeking a Merchandiser for the 2024 season to help deliver a first-class member and guest experience. The selected applicant will work closely alongside the Head Professional in executing and managing all aspects of our retail operation with a positive, team-first attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify customer preferences and forecast consumer trends
• Identify the right product mix and selection each buying season
• Crafting new revenue opportunities, promos and appealing visual displays to enhance sales
• Sourcing brands and exploring new vendors to identify and select partners and products that fit
• Receiving, pricing and managing inventory levels through our inventory management software
• Establishing leadership in perceived value for customers, at least in part through personalized service and relationships
• Data entry via Clubessential's back-office and partner software systems like Craftable
• Monthly analysis and reports on sales, COGS and inventory levels
Secondary Responsibilities Include but aren't limited to:
• Assist the professional staff in tee gift selection for major tournaments
• Train team members about new merchandise and selling best practices
• Communicate and update the professional staff on work activities, new product arrivals and inventory levels
• Place, monitor and follow through on special orders
• Assist in the golf shop when coverage is needed
• Assist with member events and outside outings
• Stay up to date on fashion industry trends
• Monitor competitors and the marketplace for pricing changes and product information
• Negotiate terms of agreement with vendors to achieve cost savings where appropriate
• Forge and maintain relationships with vendors to promote fair dealing
• Assist in retail promotion through the use of our website, member email, social media accounts and ad creation/placement throughout the club
• Minimum two years of merchandising experience or training in a retail related and relevant role
• Ability to work weekends
• Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Affable Personality
• Seasonal position with the potential to move towards a full-time, year-round salaried role.
• Competitive Base Pay
• Bonus Program
• Housing available
• The option of paying a weekly fee to access company health care benefits
• AGM Dues, PGA Show and Continuing Education allowance
• Employee Meal while on duty when the kitchen is operational
• Staff Clothing
• Playing & Practice Privileges in Coordination with the Head Professional
To Apply Please email Alex Smith, PGA Head Professional, your Cover Letter and Resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Alex Smith
Address: Hewlett Harbor, NY
Click to Email: email@example.com
Grey Oaks Country Club / Job Posted: 11/13/23
The Merchandising Assistant’s maintains the overall presentation of the golf shop ensuring the merchandise is organized and retail merchandised is presented for sale in professional manner. The Merchandising Assistant will provide customer assistance in all aspects of the retail golf operation. Assist with coordination and promotion of apparel in conjunction with the Merchandising Manager.
To be successful in this role, you thrive in working in a fast-paced, member-driven environment. You have a keen ability to establish and maintain relationships, learn quickly, work well under pressure, have the ability to multi-task, and think creatively.
This position reports to the Manager, Merchandising
About Grey Oaks Country Club
Considered one of the premier Country Clubs in Florida, Grey Oaks opened in 1993 and encompasses the Grey Oaks and Estuary communities, along with 54 holes of championship golf. The Club's facilities include a 63,000-square-foot east clubhouse, 12,000-square-foot golf pro shop, golf performance center, 30,000-square-foot wellness center, sports center, and the pool café, a 22,000-square-foot complex with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking an expansive resort-style pool with a wading entrance, waterfall, and lap lanes. Additionally, The Estuary offers a 20,000-square-foot clubhouse with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the golf course, as well as a golf pro shop and his-and-her locker and card rooms.
In addition to our facilities and amenities, our staff continuously commits itself to unparalleled professional service for our members and their guests.
There are over 250 professionals working at Grey Oaks.
Located in Naples, Florida, Grey Oaks in 2021 earned the coveted designation as a Platinum Club of America for the second straight year. Learn more at our website www.greyoakscc.com.
You are a professional with a keen interest and experience in retail management. You have the ability to effectively and comfortably lead others. You are adept at effectively communicating with all types of people. You are organized, a problem solver, and highly proactive. You understand that service is at the heart of your job.
You understand and live by the concept of being a “team player,” making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you work with.
Most importantly, your values align with the values and culture of our members, employees and our Club. Those values are on display every day, and displayed with every decision you make.
Compensation & Benefits:
Grey Oaks has an attractive compensation, benefits program, 401k plan with a generous matching contribution, a great work environment and the opportunity to work and learn from some of the best in the industry.
Grey Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
Contact: Marilinda Scarsella
Address: Naples, FL
Click to Email: MScarsella@greyoaks.com
Streamsong Golf Resort / Job Posted: 11/07/23
Purpose and Scope:
Plan and manage the Operations of the Retail Revenue Department including: purchasing and managing all retail goods for sale in the golf and lodge shops (separated units/bldgs.). Assisting the Director of Sales and Marketing in developing the marketing plan for retail, handling group sales of retail, marketing and selling gift cards, management of retail associates and managing our online store. Responsible for the overall operations of the retail shops to achieve customer (guest, associates, corporate, and owners) satisfaction and quality service while meeting and exceeding financial goals. This position is also responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the retail shop areas. It develops and recommends the budget, marketing, and merchandising plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans and manages multiple retail shops with approximately $1,300,000 in annual revenues.
Knowledge and Skills:
For more information or to register to apply, please use this link: Streamsong Resort Director of Retail
Contact: Kat Felix
Address: Streamsong, FL
Click to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sleepy Hollow Country Club / Job Posted: 11/02/23
Golf Shop Manager / Merchandiser
Sleepy Hollow Country Club
Founded in 1911, Sleepy Hollow Country Club is one of the premier country clubs in the Northeast and one of the top country clubs in America. It has achieved a Platinum Club designation and owns a reputation as one of the best managed organizations of its type. It’s “Upper” or championship course is designated as one of the top 100 courses in America by each of the three major golf magazines.
Position Reports To
Director of Golf
The Golf Shop Manager / Merchandiser is responsible for maintaining and overseeing a quality driven, and profitable merchandising operation with golf merchandise that is consistent with preferences, needs and demographics of the members of the Club. Develops the merchandising philosophy and annual buying plan for all soft goods and accessories merchandise and supports hard goods purchasing with the Director of Golf.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish a rapport with the membership by providing specialized service and assisting and servicing them with all of their retail needs.
• Present a diverse and desirable array of apparel and accessories in line with member needs, preferences, and sales patterns.
• Develop professional relationships with vendors focusing on finding solutions and keeping our retail shop on the leading edge of new trends and offerings.
• Develop and execute general and seasonal merchandise plans, visual presentation guidelines, open-to-buy plans, and pricing strategies.
• Maintain and manage the receipt and flow of merchandise purchases within the established buying plan.
• Oversee and manage the merchandising floor plan and stock rotation/presentation on a regular basis.
• Conduct accurate and timely physical inventory counts; update the POS system and all required reconciliation activities.
• Forecast financial performance based on current trends and knowledge of future events impacting business.
• Develop and implement necessary systems and internal controls to safeguard inventory and assets to reduce loss from theft, pilferage, defective/damaged goods returns and markdowns.
• Analyze sales and trends to determine additional needed sales promotions, markdowns, and clearance sales.
• Stay current on industry and sales trends to implement general and seasonal open-to-buy merchandise plans, visual presentation guidelines and pricing strategies.
• Attend approved merchandise buying shows and conferences within the limits of the budget.
Sleepy Hollow CC is proud to offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience and performance.
• Four-year undergraduate degree preferred
• A minimum of 3 years or more of golf retail or apparel management
• An understanding of golf and private club retail environments
• Outstanding and creative visual merchandising skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• A warm, outgoing and engaging personality
• Solid computer skills, including POS, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability and willingness to work necessary hours and weekends as demanded by business cycles.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by the Director of Golf.
Please email A.J. Sikula, Director of Golf, your Cover Letter and Resume at AJSikula@SleepyHollowCC.org
Contact: A.J. Sikula, Director of Golf
Click to Email: AJSikula@SleepyHollowCC.org
Lake of Isles / Job Posted: 11/01/23
Position: Director of Retail
Reports To: Director of Golf
FLSA: Exempt / Salary
The Director of Retail oversees all aspects of the golf retail operation at Lake of Isles, including purchasing, stocking, displaying, and selling inventory, as well as supervising all retail Golf Shop staff and daily operation of the shop. This candidate must have retail purchasing experience of at least five years.
The Director of Retail will plan and manage all operation of the retail department, including but not limited to: purchasing and all retail goods for sale in the golf and hotel shops (separate units/bldgs.); Assisting the Director of Golf in developing the marketing plan for retail, handling group sales of retail, marketing and selling gift cards, management of retail associates and managing our online store; Responsible for the overall operation of the retail shops to achieve customer satisfaction and quality service while meeting and exceeding financial goals. This position is also responsible for short- and long-term planning and the management of the retail shop areas. The Director of Retail will develop and recommend the budget, marketing, and merchandising plans and objectives and manage multiple retail shops with approximately $1,300,000 in annual revenue.
Lake of Isles is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Lucas Hitchcock, PGA Director of Golf
Click to Email: email@example.com
Mountaintop Golf and Lake Club / Job Posted: 10/16/23
Mountaintop Golf and Lake Club is a high-end private facility in the beautiful mountains of Cashiers, North Carolina. We offer a wide assortment of activities for the whole family and our golf operation is unlike anything else!
We are all about the experience! Not only for our members and guests, but this is also true for our staff. We are a detail-oriented team that strives to deliver the ultimate golf experience to every member and every guest -- every day!
Here is an overview of our property and all the amenities we have to offer at Mountaintop.
Retail buying for a high-end membership.
Familiarity with Jonas POS and Tee Sheet.
To help operate a Golf Shop that will provide the members and guests of Mountaintop Golf & Lake Club a warm ambiance and help provide the best merchandise selection possible.
401k with club match
Paid Time Off
Meals: Lunch and dinner are complimentary while on duty
Playing and practicing privileges
PGA dues allowance
For more information, or to apply contact:
Contact: Jared Tramontana
Click to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donald Ross Sportswear / Job Posted: 11/29/23
Territory Representative for Northern California, Oregon, Washington. Can reside anywhere within these areas, preferably in No. California.
All inquiries directed to Adam Boland, President of Sales
First and foremost, we have spent our entire careers in the apparel industry. Equally as important, we are passionate golfers. Donald J. Ross's letters and diaries reveal a man who valued hard work, scrupulous attention to detail, exacting standards, innovation, and style. Today, these are our driving principles at Donald Ross Sportswear. Our mission is to provide our customer with timeless apparel that compliments his lifestyle on and off the course.
It is an exciting time to join our company as DJR is experiencing its best year of business! We are looking for passionate and motivated individual(s) to join our talented and highly successful sales team. We are committed to a mutually beneficial partnership as your success is our success.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Generate sales by opening new accounts and servicing existing throughout the designated territory
• Presenting both the Classic and Sport seasonal fashion lines to all new and existing accounts
• Be knowledgeable of DJR company heritage and aware of market fashion trends
• Ability to travel and present fashion collections during specified market timelines
• Communicate professionally in a timely manner with accounts, fellow DJR Teams members, and support staff.
• A passion for golf, generating sales, relationship building, and sport fashion
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Basic computer knowledge for order entry and follow up
• Strong time management skills in setting up appointments and traveling throughout the specified territory
• Available to attend local and regional rep and trade shows
• 12% Commission on all sales based on paid invoice
• Company personal use program
• Local and regional trade show company contribution on a case-by-case basis
Contact: Adam Boland
Click to Email: email@example.com
T.B. Phelps / Job Posted: 11/06/23
T.B.PHELPS is expanding our sales force. TB PHELPS was recently voted “the best casual shoe in golf” by the Golf Channel. We celebrates Classic American Style and every season we pull from our history of designing some of the most iconic footwear, belts and accessories and update them for today’s fashion markets.
Our shoes are made with the very best North American leathers, the finest brass hardware, hand stitching, leather lining with support cushions with superior non slip rubber soles. Our belts and accessories are all constructed in the USA and feature leather, stretch nylon and fabric that can all can be personalized with club logo’s. TB PHELPS offers a great tournament Micro Site capabilities and an exclusive Shield program available only to golf shops. Sales Representative Opportunity T.B.PHELPS
Travel weekly within territory visiting clubs & resorts
Provide excellent customer service with complete professionalism
Become a knowledgeable specialist on luxury leather goods
Willingness to conduct trunk shows developing business & promoting the T.B.PHELPS brand
Focus on and capture business for club tournament events
Desire to be part of a winning team and being accountable for results
The Pacific Northwest
Southern California / Hawaii
Arizona / New Mexico
Green Grass sales experience within territory
Must have strong positive, enthusiastic attitude
Possess a hard work ethic
Have had success building account base and sales volume in existing territory
Ability to create interest where there is none
10% on sales. Commissions paid on shipment the following month
Contact: Jimmy Glass/Director of Golf
Click to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under Armour Sunglasses / Job Posted: 10/31/23
Independent Sales Reps Wanted: Under Armour Sunglasses.
SAFILO USA, a subsidiary of Safilo Group, is looking for independent reps in select territories to represent the Under Armour eyewear brand in golf. Safilo is an Italian manufacturer and worldwide distributor of quality fashion eyewear and sunglasses.
This is a 1099 commission-only position.
Open territories include:
Contact: Adam Brim, Business Development Manager - Sport
Click to Email: Adam.Brim@Safilo.com
Boxto / Job Posted: 10/24/23
Boxto is a premium brand specializing in handcrafted leather golf shoes designed for players who demand quality, style, and performance. Boxto is committed to its manufacturing process, selecting high-performance leather and soles, allowing us to offer our customers a product they can trust.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
To apply, please send a resume to Fernando Blanco at email@example.com or 346-657-1103.
Contact: Fernando Blanco
Click to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vantage Apparel / Job Posted: 10/17/23
Since 1991 Vantage Apparel has a leading source for tournaments, private label for both basic and fashion programs as well as staff uniforms. As the largest decorator in North America, Vantage warehouses more than 3 million units with a breadth of apparel categories that exceed over 350 styles/colors. Vantage offers value, low minimums, quick turnaround and exceptional service.
We are looking for independent sales reps to join our growing golf sales force to service the following territories:
We offer commissions up to 15%. Only candidates with a proven track record in green grass sales will be considered.
Please visit our website at www.vantage77.com or browse through our 2023 catalog at viewer.zoomcatalog.com/vantage-apparel-special-markets-2023-us/page/1
Contact: Eric A. Eder, Vice-President of Sales - Golf & Resort
Click to Email: email@example.com
AMY SPORT / Job Posted: 10/17/23
Amy Sport is a collection of high-end athletic fashion that is runway inspired and meticulously designed for women 5'8" tall and under. LIKE NO OTHER BRAND on the market, now all women can look, feel and perform their best whether on the golf course, in the gym, doing yoga, running, playing tennis or enjoying their favorite activities anytime, anywhere.
Our clothes are crafted from distinctively selected modern performance fabrics, in impeccable styles, using high-quality construction, with scrupulous attention to detail for a perfect fit. Now you can elevate your game on and off the golf course in fashionable athletic apparel for women that marries function, performance and style. Garments are lightweight, wicking, breathable, wrinkle resistant, quick drying and UV resistant. The entire collection is made with love in Southern California.
If you are interested and would like to join our team, please contact us via e-mail with your cover letter and resume.
Contact: Amy Lipton, Founder/President, AMY Sport
Address: Palm Desert, CA
Click to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg Norman Collection and Dunning / Job Posted: 10/25/23
Based in New York, New York
Built upon a unique combination of performance and design, Greg Norman Collection is a leading worldwide marketer of golf-inspired sportswear for men and women. Established in 1992, the Greg Norman Collection is inspired by “The Shark.”
The most technical golf apparel without compromise, Dunning places an emphasis on fit, playability and true performance. Dunning has most recently expanded its line to include men’s lifestyle and leisure, along with women’s golf apparel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to the following)
- Support of sales management and sales representation - Preparing, processing and analyzing reports
- Sales meeting assistance and participation - Involvement and support with the PGA Show in Orlando, FL and Frisco, TX
- Responsible for supporting industry relationships such as the PGA Tour, PGA of America, United States Golf Association, Troon Golf, Invited, Omni, and more
- Responsible for supporting major events such as the PGA Championship, the Ryder Cup, PGA National Club Championships, PGA Works Collegiate Championship, and more
- Sample sale coordination
- Provide assistance to the Marketing Department as needed
- PGA Professional in good standing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Adobe CS
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
- Compensation starts at approximately $55,000, plus additional commissions
- Monday-Thursday in our New York City office from 9AM-6PM, Friday’s remote, 45-hour work week, with the exception of work-related trips
- Paid federal holidays, paid vacation time/personal time on a yearly basis
- All expenses paid when traveling on behalf of the company
- Report directly to Sales Associate, Daniel Greiss, and indirectly to VP of Sales Susan Shade for Greg Norman and VP of Sales Roger Landry for Dunning
- Expected start date of December 1, 2023
Contact: Daniel Greiss, Sales Associate
Click to Email: email@example.com